Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Pillar Member
To provide high quality health care to our diverse community enhanced through teaching, research, charity care and financial responsibility.
Mount Sinai Fast Facts:
- Largest employer on Miami Beach (More than 3,000 employees)
- Largest private, independent, not-for-profit teaching hospital in South Florida
- 955 beds
- More than 700 physicians
- 16,700 surgeries annually
- 26 operating suites
- Founded: 1944 (Miami Heart Institute), 1949 (Mount Sinai Medical Center)
- 500 volunteers
- Most active cardiac program in South Florida (More open heart surgeries, diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac catheterizations annually than any other hospital in Miami-Dade or Broward).
- Participates in more than 15 national and international cardiac research clinical trials annually.
- Largest memory disorder center in Florida (Wien Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders).
- State-of-the-art cancer center (The Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center).
- Only NCI-sponsored Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP) for adults in Florida; participates in approximately 60 National Cancer Institute (NCI) clinical trials annually.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Foundation has assets of more than $96 million.
- Cancer Center
- Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Research Trials