Small Business Week - Commissioner Eileen Higgins
A Message from the office of Miami-Dade County District 5 Commissioner Eileen Higgins:
SMALL BUSINESS WEEK: Visitwww.elevatedistrict5.com/sbw23to learn mored register.
We will be hosting a series of in-person eventsd online workshops throughout Small Business Week. We hope that you will be able to join us d also spread the word to your small business network. Some events have limited space, so please RSVP as soon as possible if you are interested in attending.
I wanted to highlight two in-person events that we would love to have you join. First theSmall Business Mixer with the DDA on May 3 at 6pm d theCafecito, Pastelitos,d Capital Breakfast & Networking on May 5 at 10am. We will have space at both events for y materials or collateral you would like to share with small business owners. Exactly one year ago, Commissioner Higgins launched theElevate District 5small business initiative. Since launching, over 300 businesses have graduated from one of our small business programs d participated in our events. We have directly connected with more than 1,000 through outreach efforts. One year into this initiative, we are thrilled to be continuing our services d providing more resources for the small business community of District 5 d beyond. Visitwww.elevatedistrict5.com/sbw23to learn more d register. I have also copied a few highlighted events below d attached the invites:
- Tuesday, May 2nd at 2pm:Information Session: Mom & Pop Grant
- District 5, in partnership with Axis Helps d Prospera USA, will host information session via Zoom to assist small business owners interested in applying for the 2023 Mom d Pop Grant Program
- Location: Zoom
- Wednesday, May 3rd at 10am: Marketing 101: Obtaining & Retaining Customers
- In partnership with the Miami Dade Business Navigator. This interactive webinar is tailored to entrepreneurs seeking to expand their customer base d enhance their marketing skills
- Location: Zoom
- Wednesday, May 3rd at 6pm: Small Business Mixer with the DDA
- Commissioner Eileen Higgins, the Miami Downtown Development Authority (DDA), d Elevate District 5 partners are teaming up with small business owners d local stakeholders for a networking event you won't want to miss!
- Location: Southeast Financial Center ( )
- Thursday, May 4th at 10am: Plastic Free Business: A Roadmap to Sustainability
- Commissioner Eileen Higgins, in partnership with the Chief Bay Officer Irela Bague, Miami-Dade County Division of Environmental Resources Management, d Debris Free Oceans, will host a webinar on how businesses can become Plastic Free 305 certified, as well as offer alternatives to help businesses become more sustainable
- Friday, May 5th at 10am: Cafecito, Pastelitos,
d Capital Breakfast & Networking
- Join Commissioner Eileen Higgins, representatives from various financial institutions, d a diverse group of small business owners on Friday, May 5 at 10:00 am at Riverside at the Wharf ( ) for a networking breakfast.
- Location: Penthouse at Riverside Wharf ( )