Team Member - Line Cook / Sandwich Maker Full Time / Part Time
Title: Team Member - Line Cook / Sandwich Maker
Location: 955 Alton Road Miami Beach, FL 33139 Reports
Wage: $12.00 per hour
While new to South Florida, Capriotti’s has been doing it “our way” since 1976. Preparing award- winning sandwiches made in-house, to order, with homemade ingredients. We roast whole, all- natural turkeys and roast beef in-house. Our cold, grilled and vegetarian subs, cheese steaks and salads are available at more than 110 company-owned and franchise locations in fifteen states across the U.S.
Line Cook / Sandwich Maker: JOB DESCRIPTION
Our sandwich makers/grill cooks are the heart of our operation, as they are responsible for producing our top- rated award-winning sandwiches on a consistent basis following Capriotti’s methods, procedures and guidelines. The ideal candidates will:
- Be Guest focused
- Outgoing pleasant personality
- Positive attitude
- Quality service oriented
- Team player
- Good Culinary knowledge and background
- Able to work long hours with minimum supervision
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Accomplishing the Capriotti’s mission begins and ends with you! We are looking for fast, friendly, happy, energetic and highly motivated individuals to join the Capriotti’s family. You are the face of the company and will provide Uncompromising Standards of Quality and Service by ensuring hot food is always served hot, cold food cold, and that all food is fresh, in a clean environment, in full uniform, with a smile.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Uphold a professional appearance within dress code guidelines
- Cleanliness: Keep your designated work area immaculate and re-stock as necessary. Prepping during slow hours asneeded.
- Basic Mathematics: Some hourly positions require that you handle money for customers and taking stock of supplies.The ability to add and subtract quickly is necessary.
- Efficiency: You must be able to work efficiently in a high paced environment: Our kitchens get busy quickly. Great timemanagement will help you avoid ruining our product, order errors and avoid accidents.
- Stamina: You often stand for long periods of time and may be required to lift object that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility: You may be asked to work nights, weekends and extended hours. Having a flexible schedule is key.
- You must also adhere to Capriotti’s high standard of food quality, recipes and sanitation at all times.
- Perform any other cleaning or maintenance as instructed by management.
- Complete all training programs assigned to the specific duty. This is a requirement and is ongoing throughout the duration of your employment.
- Have an understanding of all menu items, ingredients, and recipes.
- Basic English is required.
- Food service industry and grilling experience preferred.