Shift Lead (Line Cook/Sandwich Maker) Full Time / Part Time
Title: Shift Lead (Line Cook/Sandwich Maker)
Location: 955 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Reports To: General Manager
Wage: $14.00 per hour
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position operates under the direct management of the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager, leading his/her location to be profitable while subscribing to our goals and values.
- Delegate duties and fairly assign specific tasks to ensure Team Members are prepared for our guests.
- Contributes to a team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments.
- Follow inventory control procedures and guidelines.
- Follows all Capriotti’s procedures and operational policies, cash handling, sanitation and safety/security, to ensure the safety of all Team Members and guests during each shift.
- Assist with labor management costs.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the Capriotti’s values and culture.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all areas of shop operations to assist where needed during assigned shift.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the shop and ensure proper set up and breakdown of all areas, including dining room, restrooms, cold stations, grill and prep areas.
- Work as a team to prepare for each shift.
- Ability to manage time effectively while meeting all job responsibilities.
- Maintains a positive work environment for Team Members and guests during each shift.
- Greets guests to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Prepares and role models all Capriotti’s menu items according to Capriotti’s standards for quality, consistency and timeliness.
- Oversees food quality production of others for quality and standards.
- Follows sanitation and safety procedures including knife handling and kitchen equipment.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Excellent guest service skills required.
- Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team oriented, adaptable, dependable, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively to help keep all Team Members informed.
- Flexible schedule; could include nights and weekends.
- Ability to withstand work conditions in temperatures of 0F or less and up to 100F.
- Ability to move throughout the restaurant for extended periods at a time.
- Can move 50 pounds for a distance of up to 10 feet.
- Ability to balance and move up to 25 pounds for distances of up to 50 feet.
- High School or equivalency required; college coursework or degree preferred.
- Previous supervisory and hospitality industry experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Proven track record of success as a Team Member.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making employment decisions.