8AM Real Estate Council Meeting
About the program:
By the community, for the community, the $439 million General Obligation Bond Program is revitalizing public spaces, public structures and public security for the future of Miami Beach. Upgrading city functions and enhancing city aesthetics at an unprecedented scale, the G.O. Bond Program is working to implement 57 separate improvement projects that will positively impact quality of life, economic health and overall resilience in all North Beach, Middle Beach and South Beach areas.
Please visit: www.GOMBInfo.com
Discussion Topics :
- Miami Beach $439 million General Obligation (G.O.) Bond Program – overview and update.
- G.O. Bond-funded projects: improving aesthetics, walkability, connectivity, wellness, safety, and community in our neighborhoods.
- Discussion on the positive impact of the G.O. Bond on Miami Beach credit ratings, property values, and overall life quality.
G.O. Bond Program Director, City of Miami Beach
- Program Director of the General Obligation (G.O.) Bond Program since 2018, as a direct report to the City Manager, where she leads the implementation of the $439 million taxpayer-funded Program that encompasses 57 master projects with dozens of subprojects.
- In 2014, she was appointed by the City Manager to be Director of the Convention Center District, to oversee the 25-acre, $620 million project; the largest capital project in the city’s history.
- Prior to that, she was a Senior Capital Projects Coordinator in the city’s Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) Department for several years.
- She came to the City of Miami Beach from the private sector where she had a 20-year-career in Miami-area architecture and real estate development.
- She got a BA in Architecture from the University of Miami (UM) and a MA of Building Design from Columbia University. She is a registered architect in Florida, and a LEED accredited professional.
G.O. Bond Program Information Manager, City of Miami Beach
- Manages all communication and community outreach activities related to the $439 million General Obligation (G.O.) Bond Program.
- Joined the City of Miami Beach in March of 2018 after completing a Graduate Fellowship with the City Manager’s Office on organizational change for Resilience Programs.
- Previously, she worked as a Policy Associate for National Public Radio (NPR) headquarters in Washington DC, where she traveled to cities all across the country to consult with local member stations and their advisory boards on policy issues, and advocated for non-commercial media rights on Capitol Hill.
- Before NPR, she worked as a Strategic Communications and National Partnerships Analyst for Public Broadcasting Service (PBS).
- Specializes in strategic communications, government, education and ‘community psychology’.
- 2nd generation Miamian. Product of Miami Beach public schools, and alumni of University of Miami.
Our mission is to act as a resource to members of the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce who serve the local Real Estate community. We will support our members by sharing expertise, offering guidance and knowledge, exploring new educational opportunities and facilitating communication within the industry and community. Miami Real Estate faces unique challenges and The Council provides the resources to enable the development of unique solutions. By sharing resources everyone in our industry and community achieves more
For more information regarding the Real Estate Council, please contact Council Liaison Danny Diaz 305-674-1300 EXT 3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.