1 PM (Pillar) What's Cookin' with The Chamber? - A Fish Called Avalon
WHAT'S COOKIN' WITH THE CHAMBER?
Join us as we tune-in to watch a delicious recipe demonstration by our featured chamber member.
Chef Kal Abdalla | A Fish Called Avalon
Brie Souffle in Phyllo Dough
Ingredients (4 Portions)
4 oz clarified unsalted butter
4 oz all purpose flour
4 eggs, separated
10 oz whole milk (heated)
4 sheets phyllo dough
4 oz diced brie cheese
Pinch of salt and cayenne pepper
4 individual buttered soufflé cups or ramekins
Baking tray for easy handling
- Cut the phyllo dough into 5x5? squares and set aside.
- Butter the inside of each souffle cup or ramekin.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/2 oz of clarified butter and all purpose flour and mix very well over medium heat for about three minutes until the mixture is hot to the touch.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of hot milk, and mix constantly with a wooden spoon until it is very smooth
- Add the diced brie and mix vigorously.
- Add 4 egg yolks and mix vigorously
- Place the mixture in a mixing bowl, and wait until it is cool.
- Whip the egg whites in a separate bowl until creamy and stiff
- With a plastic spatula mix the egg whites and the soufflé mixtures by folding gently.
- Arrange 5 phyllo dough squares over each soufflé cup.
- Use a small cup or a bottle of water to push the phyllo dough until it reaches the bottom of the soufflé cup.
- Place the mixture inside each soufflé cup
- Place the cups on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.