Targeted Case Manager (Bilingual Spanish)
Actively seeking applicants who are interested in working in community mental health as a Targeted Case Manager at Miami Beach location or North Miami location.
What does Douglas Gardens CMHC have to offer you?
- A work environment that fosters learning.
- Personal satisfaction you are making a difference in the community.
- Weekly supervision to review assigned case load.
- AHCA approved Targeted Case Management Training within your first 3 months of hire provided by the company.
- Company paid application for Florida Certification Board’s Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager Certification (CBHCM) upon completion of required steps within first 3 months of hire.
- Competitive benefit package
- Access to online training library of approximately 1,000 Behavioral Health Trainings.
- No weekend or after hour work required. Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm schedule.
What does a Case Manager do?
- Conduct case management assessments to document psychiatric and substance use history and plan for case management treatment and recovery
- Develop treatment plans in order to identify problem areas, establish goals, and state time lines for the accomplishment of goals.
- Develop case management service plans utilizing current information, historical data, medical records, and input from the consumer, the consumer’s family, and/or consumer’s legal guardian.
- Monitor the planned services and progress toward goals, leading to reassessment and development of new service plans, linkages or dispositions as indicated.
- Intercede on behalf of consumers or groups of consumers to ensure access to needed services and/or resources.
- Develop and demonstrate knowledge of appropriate agency and community resources to implement service plan goals.
- Complete Prior Authorizations for services or medications as soon as initially indicated, and subsequently prior to expiration, in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Meets with the consumer or representatives of the consumer in off-site locations including: the consumer’s home, school, place of employment, an inpatient hospital setting, a Crisis Stabilization Unit, jail or detention center, homeless shelters, foster homes, and other locations.
Requirements for Case Managers:
- A minimum of one year experience in a case management like position, working with a consumer population appropriate to the available position is preferred. Experience can be waived for individuals with appropriate field or volunteer experience.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related discipline from an accredited College or University.
- Completion of an AHCA approved mental health targeted case management training within three months of hire. – Enrollment and payment covered by employer.
- Attain Florida Certification Board’s Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager Certification within 3 months of hire – initial application expense reimbursed by employer. Employee would be responsible to maintain/renew certification.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Proficiency in the Spanish language is required.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must pass a level 2 background screening
- Individual must have a valid Florida Driver’s License and automobile liability coverage as required by Florida law.
This is a full time position, Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Benefits to include: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Life Insurance with optional add-on coverage, 401k, and PTO.
Douglas Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time